Yes, it is possible to import your contacts to Re-Leased.
To do this you would navigate to your Contacts menu in Re-Leased, shown in the green toolbar, and select Import Contacts:
The next screen is where you would Select File to Import.
- Select the file you wish to import.
- You can Cancel out from this screen, to take you back to your contacts page
- This is where you can download an Excel Template required for using the import function. Your template should be completed using this format only.
- You can access an Example template to help you fill in the import template
Once you have successfully selected a valid import template to upload, the file detail will show on the screen. If the information is invalid, a red ✖️ will show on the left-hand side and you can scroll along using the scrollbar to see which field has been highlighted for your attention. If the information is valid, a green ✔️ will show on the left-hand side.
Only once you have all green ✔️ on your contacts, can you go ahead and confirm to Import.
Existing Contact Information
If a contact included in your import spreadsheet is an existing contact, you have a couple of options on how Re-Leased treats the new information.
- Keep existing contact information when import fields are blank
If a field is left blank it will not overwrite the contacts existing information.
Example: The First Name field of an existing contact has been left blank, the import will not make any changes to the First Name of the contact. If the First Name has a value in the import sheet the contact First Name will be updated.
- Overwrite all existing contact information. Blank fields in this import will replace existing data in Re-Leased.
If a field is left blank it WILL overwrite the existing contacts information.
Example: The Email field of an existing contact has been left blank, the import will overwrite the Email of the contact setting it to nothing. If the Email has a value in the import sheet the contact Email will be updated.