When the first owner statement is generated for a new ledger, the period start date will always be the first date of a certain month.
The month used is determined by:
- The first transaction on the ledger (journal entry, invoice or credit note).
- OR the ledger creation date (if no transactions exist)
Example: A ledger was created on 5th November 2022 and no transactions exist. The start date on the statement would be 1st November 2022.
NB: The date looked at for invoices and credit notes varies based on the statement type:
- Balances statement: Oldest issue date is used
- Short & Detailed Commercial statements: Oldest due date is used
- Cash based statements: Invoices are ignored - oldest journal transaction is used