This is the process your tenant will go through once you have enabled Re-Leased Pay and they choose to pay with ACH.
1. Once they receive their invoice, they will see the Pay Online button.
2. If they have multiple invoices available to pay, they will be shown a list where they can select which invoice to pay. Currently, only one invoice can be paid at a time.
3. Once the tenant selects an invoice to pay, they will have the option pay their invoice via Credit Card or Pre-Authorised Debit.
4. After selecting to pay via pre-authorised debit, they will be redirected to the checkout where they enter their email address and the name of the account that will be used in the transaction.
5. They are then asked how they would like to verify their bank account. They can either log into their bank account, or use micro-deposits. After signing into their bank account they can confirm and complete the payment. If using micro-deposits, they will enter their bank account information so that Stripe can send them 2 micro-deposits. The tenant will then have to verify these before the money can be taken from their bank account.
6. When their payment is successful, they will see the payment successful screen and be sent an email confirmation.
There is a fee associated with using Pre-Authorized Debit. The fee can be found here.
For more on payment processing and payout schedule
For more on what happens if a Direct Debit payment fails