Those located in Asia-Pacific and Europe will use the terms Arrears and Tenancies, where customers located in North America will use the terms Delinquency and Leases. For more information on regional terminology, please refer to this article.
Documents stored against Properties and Tenancies can be organised in folders.
Create a new folder
Initially the Documents tab on a Property or Tenancy will show no folders - all Documents uploaded will just sit in a flat list.
To begin organising documents into folders, click the Create New Folder button.
Give the new folder a name, and click Save.
The new folder will appear as a sub folder of the main root Documents folder as below.
Move documents from one folder to another
To move documents from one folder to another, simply drag and drop them to the new location.
In the example below, I've clicked back to the root Documents folder, and I can drag and drop the documents shown from Documents into the new Insurance Documents folder.
Create nested sub-folders
Newly created folders will be nested under your current location.
To create another folder in the same hierarchical level as Insurance Documents, make sure you have the Documents folder open, then click Create New Folder.
To create a folder nested under the Insurance Documents folder, open Insurance Documents, then click Create New Folder.
Moving, renaming and archiving folders
Use the icons on the right hand edge to move, rename or archive a folder.
- The folder icon will allow you to move the folder to another location in the hierarchy
- The pencil icon will allow you you to rename the folder
- The red x icon will archive the folder
- You cannot move, rename or archive the root Documents folder
- If you archive a folder, all documents and sub-folders that are nested below the archived folder will also be archived.
- Archived documents can be restored from the Documents Hub - see here for more information.