Our new bank statement mapping tool lets you upload any CSV file to import bank transactions, meaning you no longer need to edit CSV bank statements before uploading them into Re-Leased.
To gain access to this beta feature, sign up at https://betas.re-leased.com/
To start creating a new bank statement mapping for your CSV file:
- Go to Trust/Client Accounting > Bank statements > Import bank statement > Upload your CSV file
- A preview of your bank statement file will display on screen
- Select the Create new mapping button
- Enter the name of your mapping, this would usually be the name of your bank.
- Enter the number of header and footer rows your CSV file has, this is to specify which rows should be ignored when creating transactions. The example shown has one header row (the descriptions of each column), and zero footer rows.
- Map each column from your bank statement to a Re-Leased field. A bank statement must have at least date, debit & credit mapped. If there are columns that can't be mapped, select Ignore from the drop down list.
- Once all columns are mapped, select Save mapping.
- After saving a mapping, it will be available to select in the CSV mapping drop down field.
- Select the trust/client account the bank statement is for.
- Select the start and end dates for the bank statement.
- Import the bank statement.
- Mappings that are no longer required can be deleted by going to Settings > Bank Statement CSV Mappings. This setting will not show while you have no CSV mappings saved.