For more information on regional terminology, refer to this article or contact support.
How does it work?
- When allocating an increase to a line item, you are choosing where to apply the Rent Review increase amount only. If you choose multiple line items the increase amount is prorated across the selected line items, this does not affect the calculation of any rent sub-totals.
- You cannot allocate Rent Review increases to Outgoings / Service charges
There are two areas from where you are able to set which line items on your Rent Template will receive the Rent Review increase.
Area 1: Updating the Rent Template from "Rent & Outgoings/Service Charges"
Updating the Allocation:
When setting the allocation from the Rent and Outgoings/Service charge area, you are choosing which line items will receive the increase for the next Rent Review
Area 2: Updating the Rent Template during the Rent Review
Updating the Allocation during a Rent Review:
- You will find a banner highlighting the increased amount to be allocated.
- We have two columns to show the "Old Rate" and "New Rate" side by side, which are "read-only" unless you want to manually update the template during the Rent Review.
Manually updating the Allocation during the Rent Review:
- By selecting manually update Rent Template, you will be able to add new line items and make manual changes to rates, once selected you will receive a pop informational banner:
You are about to manually update your rent template. You can cancel this at any time to revert back to your original template.
NOTE: The allocation check-boxes will no longer auto-calculate increases, instead all changes where there is a check box will be applied to a future rent review.