Tracking category options are set up in Xero and synced back to Re-Leased through the Xero integration. Tracking category options can then be assigned to properties in Re-Leased and then applied to invoices, which enables more options with financial reporting in Xero.
Setting up Tracking category options
1. In Xero, go to Accounting > Advanced > Tracking categories
2. Add a Tracking category in Xero called Property.
3. Under the Property Tracking category, add a Category option for each of your properties in Re-Leased. There should be a 1:1 ratio of Properties (in Re-Leased) to Category options (in Xero).
Note: Xero also allows a secondary Tracking category, for use with other add-ons, or to fine-tune reporting further.
4. In Re-Leased go to Settings > Manage add-ons & integrations > Xero and trigger a sync to get the tracking categories into Re-Leased.
5. To check the categories have successfully synced to Re-Leased go to Settings > General > Tracking. This is a read-only list of the tracking options and need to be created/edited in Xero.
Connecting Property Tracking to the Company
1. In Re-Leased, go to Settings > Manage companies > Select company > Invoicing
2. Select Property under Property tracking category
3. From the yellow Update invoice options choose Update the associated property on all invoices.
4. Select the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Connecting a Tracking option to a Property
1. In Re-Leased, open Property > Property Details tab.
2. Scroll down to Tracking categories and select the corresponding tracking category option from the Property drop down.
3. Select Update the associated property on all invoices check box.
4. Select the Save property button.
Selecting Do no update invoices will leave all invoices unchanged.
Selecting Update the associated property on all invoices will update the Related Property field on any invoices which had already used this tracking category and which didn't already have a Related Property. This is useful for users who have been using Xero for longer than Re-Leased.
Property Tracking in Invoices
The Property heading will appear on all invoices and rent templates throughout Re-Leased. Selecting a related property will automatically populate them with the correct matching tracking category.
Invoices entered into Xero, which have tracking selected, will update the related property when the invoice syncs into Re-Leased. This means expense invoices can be entered into either program and still appear correctly against the property file and will be included in calculations of actuals and in budget wash-ups.
Step by step of how to set up tracking categories
How to recall historic information and add the right tracking category