Setting up your account:
1. Add a company via Settings
2. Click Manage Companies
3. Click On Company Name to view or edit details
3. The Billing Group is your account name which is not visible to clients.
To create a new company
Part 1 - General Information and Postal Address
1. Company name: Name of the entity which owns or manages the properties.
2. Billing group: Your account name with Re-leased
3. Copy company settings: Copies general settings from another company
4. Postal address: Address details entered here to show on invoices and report headers. For non-Xero users this information will appear on tenant invoices
5. Logo: Click on icon to upload a logo
6. Country: Sets the time zone
Part 2 - Invoicing
- If you are connecting to Xero, leave this section blank. If you are a trust accounting/client accounting or a stand-alone user, this information appears on tenant invoices.
- Generate Invoices: Can be on the due date or in advance.
- Date for Advance Invoices: can be 'use the due date' or 'use the date the invoice is generated'.
- Invoices need to be raised as approved for automatic emailing to work.
- Default Billing Basis is in arrears: If left unticked, rent is due on the first date of the rental period, if ticked invoices will be due at the end of the period. Automatically Email Approved Rent and Outgoings Invoices: This can be overridden on a per tenancy basis, invoices only email if they are generated as Approved and the contact has a valid email address. For rent invoices to send, advanced settings within the tenancy need to be switched to automatic emailing. Enable Invoice Generator Invoices are only generated if this option is selected. Enable Notes allows notes from properties and tenancies to be displayed when adding and editing invoices. The option also needs to be selected on Note Types which are to be shown (see General Settings)
- Set defaults for due dates on invoices entered manually.
Part 3: Quotes and Work Orders
Enter text to appear on Work Orders and Quote Requests.
Part 4: Defaults and Customisations
- Arrears Tabs and Advance Notification selected here will be issued to new users when they are added. Users can change these at any time in the My Account page.
- Units can be square metres or square feet, adjusting this preference does not perform any calculations on data. IE: If a property was entered as 100 square meters then this setting was changed to feet, the property would show as 100 square feet.
- Optional field: select preferred inspection frequency applicable for repeating inspections, this can be overridden on a per inspection basis.
- Custom property reference is available for all Properties and Tenancies. You can change the label for the field here.
Part 5: Security
Adjust which existing users can access this company, new users can be added in the Users page after the company is set up.
Part 6: KPI's
Optional: track winning and losing properties and tenancies.
Tick to enable and save or leave blank and save to continue