Once bank statement transactions have been imported or manually created, you will be taken to the Bank Statement Reconciliation screen where transactions can be reconciled.
After importing a bank transaction file, the statement will show on the screen. Refer to Importing a Bank Statement for instructions on how to import a bank file.
Transactions from the file will appear on the left side of the screen, invoices and disbursements from Re-Leased will show on the right side.
- Any transactions where the reference and amounts are a perfect match will show in green. Click OK All at the top to process receipts for all of these transactions.
- Alternatively, use Find and Match on any transaction to select the invoice or payment it relates to.
Using Find and Match
After processing any colour coded matches, use Find and Match to complete the reconciliation of all other transactions.
- Search for specific tenants name, invoice number or amount using the top search bar.
- Create a Suspense transaction. Refer to the Suspense Ledger video.
- Apply to Tenancy Funds should you know the tenant but not know which invoice the payment relates too. Refer to the Receipting to Tenant Fund Ledger & Allocation of Refund article.
In the event that a tenant has short-paid the invoice, you can use the Split function in order to allocate the part payment.
Once the transaction total matches the invoices allocated, the option to Reconcile will display. Select Reconcile (1) to proceed. Alternatively, you can Exit (2) by selecting the X at the top-right corner.
The next screen will display the invoice/s that have been reconciled. To continue processing payment, select 'Payment Details' button to the bottom-right corner.
Lastly, you will have the option to update the following details :
- Payment Date - The date can be changed to reflect the correct payment date.
- Payment Method - Options include EFT, Cash or Cheque.
- Paid By
- Comments - In the event a tenant frequently uses a particular reference when making payment, you can select '+Set as Tenancy Online Payment Refence' to update their payment reference in the system.
- Select Process Payment.
Once all transactions on the bank statement have reconciled, you will receive the below message to confirm.