Those located in Asia-Pacific will use the term Trust Account, where customers located in Europe will use the term Client Account. For the purpose of this article, we will refer to it as a Trust Account. For more information on regional terminology, refer to this article or contact support.
Bank statements that have been imported in error can be deleted.
NOTE: If any transactions from the statement have been processed, you must first un-reconcile & reverse them. If this includes spent items you may need to re-pay these out of the system but not unload any bank files.
To delete a bank statement
- Select Client/Trust Accounts on the green menu
- Click Bank Statements at the bottom of the page or the blue bank statements tile
- Click the View hyperlink.
- Select the Unreconcile button against all transactions.
- Under Unreconcile This Transaction? provide a Reason For Reversal and select the red Unreconcile and Reverse This Transaction.
NOTE: Selecting the orange Unreconcile This Transaction only button will unreconcile the transaction but not reverse the payment allocation. Therefore, selecting this option will not mark the corresponding invoice as unpaid.
- Once all transactions have been unreconciled and reversed, click Delete Statement and confirm you want to delete the statement.
The deleted statement will remain in your list of previous statements with the status 'Deleted'.