Utility meters can be used to enter meter readings for a property. Separate meters can be set up for different utilities and invoices can be created from each reading entered for a meter.
To access Utility Meters, click the Utility Meters tab on a property.
Create a new meter:
To create a new meter click New Meter.
Enter the details required to set up the Meter:
- Reading Taken On - The date the initial reading of the meter was taken
- Initial reading - The reading taken on the initial reading date
- Meter Number - enter the number of the meter
- Title - This will be included on the invoice line description generated for a reading, so it's best to enter something descriptive that is easily understood by the tenant.
- Default Account - The default account the readings should be assigned to, which will be used on the generated invoice. This can be changed when creating or editing a reading.
- Non Recoverable % - The portion of each reading that the owner will be responsible for paying. This field is not editable, the percentage will be calculated from the tenancies allocation percentages.
- Default Unit Price - The default unit price for this meter
- Tenancy Allocations - Enter the percentage allocation for each tenancy. The total amount for each reading will be divided by these percentages and the total applied to the generated invoices.
- Add Standing Charge - You can add additional standing charges which will be applied by default to each reading for the meter. Each charge can be removed or edited for each reading if you wish.
- Description - This will be included on the invoice line description generated for a reading, so it's best to enter something descriptive that is easily understood by the tenant.
- Charge Type - You have the option of a daily rate charge or a fixed amount.
- Daily Rate - The amount entered for the standing charge will be multiplied by the number of days covered in the period for a reading to get the total amount to be charged.
- Set Fee - A flat fee will be charged for each reading regardless of how many days included in the period.
- Amount - The amount to be invoiced for the standing charge.
- Account - The default account the standing charge should be assigned to, which will be used on the generated invoice. This can be changed when creating or editing a reading.
Click Save once you have your meter set up.