To view or create readings for your meter, click the Readings link alongside your meter.
The initial reading entered when setting up the meter will be displayed here. You can edit the date the reading was taken or the reading fields of the initial reading. To create a new reading, click the New Reading button.
View and enter the required details for the new reading:
- Previous Reading Taken On - The previous reading information is displayed here for your information (read only)
- Previous reading - The previous reading taken (read only)
- Reading Taken On - Enter the date the reading was taken. This can be any date after the previous reading date and before today.
- Reading - Enter the reading.
- Chargeable - You can specify whether the reading is chargeable or not. If set to not chargeable you will not be able to generate invoices for the reading.
- Unit Price - The default unit price from the meter will be set here by default but this can be edited if needed.
- Standing Charges - Any standing charges set on the meter will be added to all new readings by default. You can edit or remove these default charges or add new charges to the reading. Any changes made to the standing charges from a reading will only apply to that reading. Changes to default standing charges for all readings will need to be made on the meter.
Once you have made all the required changes click Save.
You'll see the list of Readings again, ordered by date, most recent first. You can click options from here to Edit the reading, Archive the reading, or Generate invoices.
If you click Generate invoices, you can then specify the invoice due date and invoice service date, before confirming the details to generate the invoices that will be sent to the Tenants.
Creating Bulk Readings
Bulk Readings allows you to create multiple readings for different meters at once. Click Bulk Readings to open the Bulk Meter Readings screen.
Enter the required details:
- Readings Taken On - The date entered here will apply to all readings.
- Chargeable - You can specify whether these readings are chargeable or not. This setting will apply to all readings created at this time.
- Standing Charges - Any standing charges set on the meter are applied by default, but these can be edited, removed or new ones added from this screen by clicking on the relevant standing charge.
- Unit Price - The default unit price set on the meter will be applied by default, but this can be edited here.
- Current Reading - Enter the reading for each meter that you want to create readings for.
- To create the new readings click Save. Alternatively, you can click Save and Generate Invoices to proceed to the Generate Invoices screen to generate invoices for these new readings.
Enter in the Invoice Due Date & Service Date, and use teh checkboxes to select/deselect which meters you would like to generate invoices for. Click Generate Invoices when you're ready.
These will now generate in the background and will appear within the Income & Expenses tab once created. Alternatively you can view them by clicking into the Meter Reading and clicking on Invoices.
Click on the invoice number to open the invoice.