To create a Work Order, open the Task the Work Order relates to. You can find Tasks in the Dashboard calendar, in the Maintenance Hub, and in the Tasks page under a Property or a Tenancy.
If you have a Quote response that you wish to accept, you can create a Work Order directly from the Quote. For more information, read the Quote Requests article.
Once in the Task detail page, you can add a Work Order in two ways.
Firstly by clicking Add, then Work Order:
Secondly by scrolling down to the Work Orders section in the Task details page, and clicking Create Work Order:
Check the details that will be added to the Work Order, and edit any that need updating. Most detail will populate from the detail provided in the Maintenance Task.
Click Save Work Order to continue.
On the following page, you have several options.
- Select the Template to use for generating the Work Order (Templates can be managed in Settings)
- Click Edit Work Order to make changes.
- Click Print as PDF to make a printable file.
- Send by email by clicking Email PDF.
After the Work Order has been Saved, the Work Order will be visible on the Task details page, under the Work Orders section.
Work order statuses
You can easily find out whether the work order has already been emailed to the contractor by checking its status:
- Pending means the work order has been generated but not yet emailed out
- Sent means the work order has been emailed to the contractor