Those located in Asia-Pacific and Europe will use the terms Arrears and Tenancies, where customers located in North America will use the terms Delinquency and Leases. For more information on regional terminology, please refer to this article.
To edit the details of a Maintenance Task, navigate to the Task details page for the relevant Task. You can do that from several places:
1. The Maintenance Hub > 3 dots menu > View Task
2. The Property > Tasks > 3 dots menu > View Task
3. A Maintenance reminder pop-up on the Dashboard > Edit Task
On the Task Details page, you can
- Add a comment (please note currently all comments added in tasks will be visible to any Tenants using the Tenant Mobile App. ‘Internal only’ commenting will be made available in the near future
- Create a Work Order (or view an existing one) - click here for more information
- Send a Quote request to your suppliers (or view an existing one) – click here for more information
- Attach important documents or an image to this task
- To update the details of the Task itself, click on the three dots menu on top right hand of the page, and choose Edit.
- If you would like to make the task recurring, click the three dots and click ‘Make recurring’. You can set up the recurrence start and end date and how often and how many times the recurrence should occur in a pop-up window displayed on your screen. If the Task is Recurring, you can access the Job details page via the three dots menu.
- You can change the Task status from incomplete to complete under the status dropdown selection on top of the page
Completing a Task
To mark a Task as Complete, use the Status dropdown menu. Upon selecting Complete, a pop-up will appear as below where you can:
- Confirm the date the Task was completed (this will default to today’s date)
- Confirm the completed cost of the work, including whether this cost includes GST/VAT/Tax or not (this information will flow through to any Expense invoice created from this Task – see below)
- Add any comments if needed.
Click Complete Task to confirm.
Once the Task is marked as complete, users are prompted to follow through next steps including creating an invoice and sending owner or tenant communications at the top of the page:
1. Under Attach invoices you can create an invoice – click here to create an Expense Invoice. Details such as the Property, Tenancy, Contractor, Cost, Account (inherited from the Maintenance Type), Description, and Completed date will be automatically copied through to the draft Expense Invoice.
2. Under Send an email you can:
Email Owner – send an email to the Property Owner to give an update on the completed work
Email Tenant – send an email to the Tenant Primary Contact