There are three main places to create a new Maintenance Task:
- From the quick actions menu in the main navigation bar
- From the Maintenance Hub
- From a Property’s Task page (or from a Tenancy’s Task page)
Add a new Maintenance Task from the quick actions menu
In the black menu bar, click the + icon next to the notification bell. Then click New Maintenance under property & tenancies selection.
Select the Company and Property the maintenance task is for, then click Continue.
Add the details for the new maintenance task:
- Give your task a Title
- Maintenance Job Type - select from the options defined in Settings > Maintenance and Inspection Types, or add a new maintenance type if needed. Maintenance types can be linked to specific charts of accounts, which flows through to expense invoices. You can manage these in the Settings Menu as well.
- Choose which Tenancy the task relates to
- Choose which Area the task relates to
- Delegate to another team member – if left blank, the Property Manager of that Property will see the task on their calendar
- Contractor – tick the box to only select from Preferred Suppliers associated with that maintenance type, or leave unticked to select any contact
- Add budgeted cost
- Add due date – chose which day on the calendar this task will appear
- Repeats – click repeats to make this a recurring maintenance task and choose the frequency these tasks should occur. All details included at this creation point will be copied down to each recurring task.
- Description of Works – This will be seen by the contractor in any work order created.
- Notes – add any further notes you would like to record against the task – these can also be included on the contractor’s work order by ticking the check box ‘Include notes on work orders’.
- Associated keys - add any property keys that will be needed for the task
- Documents - attach any documents needed
- Images - add any relevant images
- Tenancy Maintenance Contacts - include any contact details. This will automatically populate with any tenancy contacts where the Notice Options include Maintenance (see Tenancy Details > Contacts > Notice Options):
- Click Save to confirm & create the maintenance job.
Add a new Maintenance Task from the Maintenance Hub
Navigate to the Maintenance Hub using the maintenance hub tile on your calendar view.
Click the blue + Create Maintenance button on the top right hand side corner of the page.
Select the Company and Property the Maintenance is for, then click Continue.
Add all relevant maintenance task details to create a new maintenance task or job, as outlined in the example above.
Add a new Maintenance Task from a Property or Tenancy’s Tasks page
Navigate to the Property or Tenancy record, then click on the Tasks tab on the left-hand menu. Click on the + Create New Maintenance.
Add the details to create the Maintenance as specified above.