Those located in Asia-Pacific and Europe will use the terms Arrears and Tenants, where customers located in North America will use the terms Delinquency and Leases. For more information on regional terminology, refer to this article or contact support.
Arrears / Delinquency Rules allow you to set up your preferred communication plan for handling rent and non-rent arrears communications and ensure you comply with any legal requirements. Any overdue invoice/s that matches the criteria set-up in the rules will automatically be added to the Actionable Arrears list in the Arrears / Delinquency hub to make sure nothing is missed and all legal requirements are completed.
The Arrears / Delinquency tile on the dashboard will notify you when there are arrears / delinquencies to be actioned.
Before Arrears / Delinquency Rules can be created, you will need to set up email/letter and text templates first so they can be assigned to a rule. See Correspondence Template and Text Message Templates for instructions on how to do this.
1. Select Settings
2. To create a new rule, click Arrears / Delinquency Rules from the Settings menu.
3. Click + Create New Arrears / Delinquency Rule to create a new rule, or click on any existing rule to edit it.
- Title - You are able to select which rule to run in the Arrears Hub so make sure you give the rule a descriptive name.
- Arrears / Delinquency Type - Choose which type of arrears the rule will apply to Rent, Non-Rent or both.
- Actions - Set up the steps for each kind of communication you want to be reminded to send, using length and units to determine when each step is triggered. Add as many steps as needed by selecting the blue '+Add Action' button. Delivery Method: Select a delivery method; email and/or text. Template: Select from templates you have already set up.
- Default - Only one rule can be the default rule for a company.
- Save Rule.