Integrating with Xero
IMPORTANT NOTE: there is a 1:1 connection between each Re-Leased company and the corresponding Xero company. Once a Re-Leased company has been connected to a Xero company, it cannot be re-connected to any other Xero company.
Prior to connecting
Set up your Xero account, you will need:
- Tax types;
- Chart of account, with income and expense codes relating to property transactions;
- Tracking, one tracking category called Property, each of your properties should be listed as an option;
- Invoice settings, once connected, your invoices will use the branding you've got set up in Xero.
1. Select the company to sync with Xero from the drop-down box. This is found in the top left of the Settings tab, then select Manage Add-ons.
Your Xero status box will show that you are not Enabled.
Click Enable to get started.
2. On the next page, click 'Connect to Xero' > 'Continue and Connect'.
3. Enter your Xero login details
Enter your Xero login details to access your Xero account
4. Authorise your account to sync to Xero
Select the company you want to sync with Re-Leased. Then click 'Allow Access' to be redirected back to Re-Leased and manage the integration of data.
5. Select a date to sync from
Select a date that you want the integration to begin. Only invoices that are dated on or after the date entered will be synced with Xero. Click 'Save and Continue' to continue.
6. Tax Type Reconciliation
If you have Tax Types in Re-Leased that are not in Xero, you will be asked to reconcile them. You will have two options:
- Archive the Rate: If you select to Archive the Rate it will not be available for use in the future. Your existing invoices will continue to show the rate but it cannot be selected for new invoices. If you choose to Archive, you must click the confirmation box to confirm you have agreed to archive the rate(s).
- Replace it with a new Xero Rate: You can replace the Re-Leased rate with a new rate from Xero. Use the drop-down to see the available list of rates that you can select.
Note: A Xero Rate can only be used once. If you select more than one Re-Leased Rate to be replaced with the same Xero rate, you will see an error message asking you to resolve this issue.
7. Account Reconciliation
If you have Accounts in Re-Leased that are not in Xero, you will be asked to reconcile them. You will have two options:
- Archive the Account: If you select to Archive the Account it will not be available for use in the future. Your existing invoices will continue to show the account but it cannot be selected for new invoices. If you choose to Archive, you must click the confirmation box to confirm you have agreed to archive the Rate(s).\
- Replace it with a new Xero Account: You can replace the Re-Leased account with a new account from Xero. Use the drop-down to see the available list of accounts that you can select.
Note: A Xero Account can only be used once. If you select more than one Re-Leased account to be replaced with the same Xero account, you will see a message saying 'Account can only be assigned once' and you will have to resolve this issue before you can continue.
8. You are connected!
You are now connected and your sync has started. This is may take some time depending on how much data has to be copied between Re-Leased and Xero but you can continue to work while this continues in the background.
Once the integration is complete the spinning circle in the header will be replaced with a green check mark.
1. Connect Tracking to the Company in Re-Leased
Return to the Settings Menu, and select Manage Companies. Within the invoicing section of each company connected to Xero, there is an option to select the property tracking category. This is a crucial part of the integration.
2. Connect Tracking to each Property in Re-Leased
In each property, select Property Details on the left menu, and connect the property to its property tracking category.
Repeat the same process for each company that you would like to integrate with Xero.