Invoice Templates provide you with formatting and content options to customise the invoices you send out to your clients.
These are set at the company level and will apply to all invoices and credit notes that are generated from Re-Leased.
You can access the Invoice Templates from the Accounting section of the Company Settings.
The existing invoice template will be set as default. If you are happy with the system default then you don't need to do anything with the invoice templates. There are three additional templates provided which you can customise accordingly.
A preview of the selected template is displayed on screen which updates with each change you make, to give you a general idea of the layout of the invoice. Please note that this preview may differ slightly from the generated file, so make sure you download the template to PDF to get a more accurate view.
There are several fields available which you can customise:
- Name - Give your invoice a descriptive name so it is easily recognisable when associating a template to an invoice or invoice template.
- Base Template - Select the template layout you want to use from the four base templates available (see below for examples of each one).
- Optional Fields - Optional fields allow you to easily add or remove details from the template by checking/unchecking the boxes. Please note: in order for the owner details to be displayed on the invoice, the Tax Number to Display on Invoices option in the company settings must be set to Owner or Both. If this is set to Company, the owner details will not display, regardless of whether they are selected or not in the Optional Fields of the invoice template.
- Heading - If Tax Invoice does not suit your situation, you can edit the Heading text to anything you like up to 35 characters.
- Heading Position - Choose whether to align the heading with the address or along the left hand side.
- Logo Position - If you have a logo set up in the Company settings, this will be pulled through for use on the invoice. You have the option to position it on the left, center or right side of the invoice heading area. You also have the option to use a banner instead. Any banners uploaded for use with the Owner Statement will be available for use here, or you can upload a new banner. Any new banners added here will also be available for use with the Owner Statement.
- Bank Details - You can include any payment information you would like to provide your clients, up to 500 characters.
- Terms & Payments Details - By default, any text currently stored in the Terms and Payment Advice on the Company Settings will be pulled into this text box. This can be edited to your liking up to 1500 characters.
- Additional Pages - You can include any additional pages, like Tenants Rights and Obligations or Rent Demand Notices, to the template which will then be attached to all generated invoices. There is a limit of 50,000 characters that can be added to this field.
- Customise Payment Advice - You can customise the payment advice that appears at the bottom of your invoices using a full Rich Text Editor suite to add tables, images and merge fields to the payment advice section. Or if it is not relevant to your company you can delete all default content from the payment advice section and leave it blank. See below for a full list of merge fields and their descriptions.
Please note that not all customisable fields are available on all base templates.
These fields will automatically update on the template preview to give you an idea of what your customisations will look like.
Once you have finished your customisations you can download a preview PDF file to check the content.
If you set the current template as default, each time you create a new invoice or invoice template this template will be selected by default.
Invoice templates examples
Merge fields available for use in the Payment Advice section
|Amount Due||The total amount outstanding on the related invoice.|
|Bank Details||Displays the contents of the Bank Details section of the Invoice Template|
|Company Address||Full address of the company on a single line.|
|Country||The Country from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Custom Tenancy Reference||The custom reference field from the tenancy details.|
|Due Date||The due date of the related invoice.|
|Flat / Apartment||The Flat/Apartment from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Invoiced Contact Name||The first and last name of the contact in the To field of the related invoice.|
|Invoice Number||The unique number of the related invoice.|
|Invoice Reference||The text entered in the reference field on the related invoice.|
|Occupied Area||The occupied area/s of the related tenancy, displayed in a comma separated list.|
|Online Payment Reference||The online payment reference from the tenancy details.|
|Post / Zip Code||The Post / Zip Code from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Region / State||The Region / State from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Rent Date From||The start date of the rent period for the related rent invoice, displayed in dd/mm/yyyy format. (This will display blank for non-rent invoices).|
|Rent Date To||The end date of the rent period for the related rent invoice, displayed in dd/mm/yyyy format. (This will display blank for non-rent invoices).|
|Street / Building Number||The Street / Building Number from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Street Name||The Street Name from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Suburb / District||The Suburb / District from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Total Invoice Amount||The original amount of the invoice, excluding any payments or credits.|
|Town / City||The Town / City from the address for the Invoiced Contact.|
|Trust Account BSB Number||The BSB number of the related trust account.|
|Trust Account Name||The code and name of the related trust account.|
|Trust Account Number||The account number of the related trust account.|
|Trust Bank Account Number||The BSB and account number of the related trust account.|
To add a merge field to an invoice template, go to:
Settings > Invoice Templates > Select a template to edit.
Switch the Customise Payment Advice slider to yes, then click Edit under Payment Advice
Put the cursor where the merge field should be inserted on the template and select Insert Merge Fields
Search for and select the merge field, then click OK.
Click the Update button to save the changes to the template.