Those located in Asia-Pacific and Europe will use the term Tenants, where customers located in North America will use the term Leases. For more information on regional terminology, refer to this article or contact support.
Rent types are the types of rents that can be applied to Leases/Tenancies within the Rent template. They can also be given a default income account that will be used whenever that Rent type is used. Rent
Types can also be added during data entry when setting up Tenancy Rent templates.
Managing Rent Types in the Settings Menu
1. Manage available Rent Types and associated default accounts by clicking Settings on the green main menu
2. Selecting Rent Types in the General section.
Rent Types List
Adding a new Rent type
1. To add a new Rent type, click on the 'Create New Rent Type' button.
- Enter the Name
- Select a default account, if required, from the account drop-down box
- Click on 'Save Rent Type'
2. To import a file with rent types:
- Click on the 'Import' button
- Use the 'Browse' button to select a file with the new records
- Verify that the contents are acceptable, by looking at the message panel on the right. If the check marks are green then the row will be imported.
- Click on 'Import' to import the values
3. To edit a rent type:
- Click on the name
- Make any changes to the name
- Select a default account, if required, from the account dropdown box
4. Click save Rent type to save
5. To archive a rent type:
- Click on the Name
- Click on the 'Archive' button
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Archive this rent type' button
- You may also cancel at any time by clicking the cancel button
6. To un-archive a rent type:
- Select the 'Archived Rent Types' tab
- Click on the 'Restore' link next to the name
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Restore this rent type' button