Property types are the types of properties you can select from when adding a new property.
Manage the available Property Types by clicking Settings on the green main menu, selecting the appropriate company, then Property Types under the General section. Property Types can also be added during data entry.
Managing Property Types from the Settings Menu
Adding a new Property type
To add a new property type, click on the 'Create New Property Type' button.
- Enter the Name
- Click the 'Set as Default Property Type' box if you want this to be the default property type
- Click on 'Save Property Type'
Importing Property types
To import a file with Property types:
- Click on the 'Import' button
- Use the 'Browse' button to select a file with the new records
- Verify that the contents are acceptable, by looking at the message panel on the right. If the check marks are green then the row will be imported.
- Click on 'Import' to import the values
Editing a Property type
To edit a property type:
- Click on the name
- Make any changes to the name
- Click the 'Save as default property' box if you want this to be the default property type
- Click 'Save property type'
Archiving a Property type
To archive a property type:
- Click on the Name
- Click on the 'Archive' button
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Archive this property type' button
Un-Archiving a Property type
To un-archive a property type:
- Select the 'Archived Property Types' tab
- Click on the 'Restore' link next to the name
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Restore this property type' button
Adding a new Property Type from the Property File
Access the Type of Property field during the New Property Wizard.
Select Add new, this will always be the last item in the list.
Add a name for the new Property Type and click Continue to add this type to the permanent list of options and select it for this property.