To view the invoicing settings for the company, go to Settings > Manage Companies and select the company you wish to view. Then select the Invoicing tab to expand the settings.
Invoicing has multiple sections:
1. Invoice Template Information
- The Tax Number sets the tax number for the company displayed on invoices when they are downloaded as PDF or emailed.
- Tax Number to Display on Invoices gives the option to display the company tax number, the owner tax number or both tax numbers on the invoice. To set the owner's tax number, edit the owner contact.
- Terms And Payment Advice is also displayed on an invoice PDF. If there is a template used for an invoice, and that template includes terms and payment details, this will overwrite what has been set at the company level.
If the company is connected to one of our supported accounting integrations, there is an additional option to use the template from the accounting provider instead. This will be turned on by default. This support is however limited to the certain templates -
|Income Invoice Templates
|Expense Invoice Templates
|Income Credit Note Templates
|Expense Credit Note Templates
If a template is not supported, the Re-Leased template will be used instead.
2. Rent & Outgoings Invoices
Invoices that are generated automatically such as rent, outgoings, and repeating invoices can be set to generate on the due date or to be generated in advance. If your preference is in advance, you can choose the number of days, weeks, months or years in advance you want the invoice to be generated.
The date for Advance Invoices sets the issue date of the invoice to either the due date or the date the invoice was generated. You can choose to set the status of the invoice to either awaiting approval or approved.
3. Budget Invoices & Service Date
This setting defaults the Invoice Status of Balancing Charges to Approved but can be set to Awaiting Approval
This setting is defaulted to ON and can be switched to OFF for any Company. Applying a Service Date to an Income or Expense Invoice or Credit Note allows the user to choose a date for the invoice or credit note to be allocated in the budget. If Service Date is set to ON (default) at a Company level, then the Service Date field will show on all Income & Expense Invoices, Credit Notes and associated budget screens & reports. If you do not enter a value into the Service Date field, then an Invoice will follow existing logic and fall into a budget based on Due Date and a Credit Note will fall into a budget based on Issue Date.
If the Service Date is set to OFF at a Company level, then the Service Date will not show on Income & Expense Invoices or Credit Notes. Service Date cannot be applied to Repeating Invoices.
4. Manually Created Invoices
The due date for all expense and income invoices manually created can be specified.
The options are:
- Current date - this is the default option and will set the due date to the date the invoice is created.
- Days from the current date - this will set the due date to the number of days entered from the date the invoice is created. For example, if this is set to 4 and the invoice is created on the 12th of July, the due date is the 16th of July.
- Days after the current month ends - this will set the due date to the number of days entered after the month ends that the invoice is created. For example, if this is set to 35 and the invoice is created in July, the due date is the 4th of September (35 days after the end of July).
- Of the current month - this will set the due date to the day of the month that the invoice is created. For example, if this is set to 25 and the invoice is created in July, the due date is the 25th of July. This will also set the due date to a past date i.e. if the current date is the 12th of July and the day is set to 5, the due date is the 5th of July.
- For the following month - this will set the due date to the day of the following month that the invoice is created. For example, if this is set to 20 and the invoice is created in July, the due date is the 20th of August.