When processing disbursements in Trust Accounting, the bank payment file generated will include the bank account details loaded against the creditor's Contact profile. Managing changes to these bank account details is important to ensure there's no possibility of fraudulent activity.
In Re-Leased, you can control which of your system users will receive notifications of any changes to Bank Account details.
- This is controlled by a permission checkbox at an individual user level.
- Any user can control their own personal settings, and choose whether they want to turn the notifications on or off for themselves
- Only users that have the permission "User can manage other users" enabled are able to change this setting for other users.
To enable or disable the notification setting:
1. Navigate to Settings->Users
2. Click on name of the relevant User you wish to be notified of changes
3. Scroll down to Notification Permissions, and click the checkbox to enable the permission setting labelled User will receive sensitive change notifications. Any user that has this permission setting enabled will receive a system-generated email every time a Contact's Bank Account is created or changed. This allows the right people to check/audit changes to this important data point and ensure no funds are disbursed to the wrong account.
The email that is sent will show up as if it has been sent by the user who made the change in the system; allowing the notified checker to simply reply to the notification email & request a justification for the change if they wish.