When the tenant pays and invoice via a direct debit method, the invoice is immediately marked as paid in Re-Leased. The invoice will also be shown in the Payments Hub with a status of processing.
There is a possibility that the payment is unsuccessful. This could be due to either the tenant having insufficient funds in their account, their bank not authorising the payment or they entered an incorrect bank account. If the payment is unsuccessful, the following will happen:
- An email is sent to all users in the company with Administrator user role notifying them of the failed payment, as well as:
- If the company is using Trust Accounting, an attempt will be made to automatically reverse the payment (if the payment has already been manually reversed or reconciled, it can't be automatically reversed)
- If the company is using Xero, the payment will need to be reversed there first and then synced across
- An email is sent to the tenant notifying them of the failed payment
- If the payment was reversed automatically, the tenant has the option to pay the invoice again
- If the payment needs to be reversed manually the tenant will need to organise an alternative method of payment