On this page you'll learn more about your tenants' automated recurring rent payment process.
Tenant clicks the Set up recurring rent payments link to get the process started.
Payment details collection page
1. When paying a rent invoice, the tenant will select their payment method. They have the option to pay this invoice as a one-off payment or pay and set up their future rent payments to occur automatically on a recurring basis.
2. After selecting a payment method, the tenant will be presented with the details that will be used to for future recurring payments. This includes the total amount (including any processing fees if applicable), frequency and payment method. Should there be any change to the rent amount, they will be notified of this in the reminder that is emailed to them 3 days before the payment is made.
Recurring payments are only applied to rent invoices that are issued on or after the date after set up. If a tenant has rent invoices due today, or are overdue, these will not be scheduled to be paid and must be paid manually.
3. The tenant will be redirected to checkout to make their payment. Once their payment is complete, they will see a confirmation of their payment and their recurring payment setup.
4. They will also receive confirmation of the recurring payment setup to the email address they entered at checkout when paying the invoice.
4. From the Invoice Overview screen the tenant will always see what recurring payments they have set up. This is also where they can cancel.