Invoice and credit note attachments are now able to sync between Re-Leased and Xero.
Important: If you connected a Re-Leased company to Xero prior to 11 October 2021, you will need to authorise attachment syncing by going to Settings > Add-ons and integrations > Xero and selecting the Renew Xero Credentials button.
This only needs to be completed once - if you are not seeing this button it will be due to someone else in your organisation completing the credentials.
Historic attachments will not sync, only attachments created AFTER renewing the Xero credentials will sync.
In order for invoice attachments to sync you will need to select the sync attachments button via the add-on section for instant syncing otherwise you will need to wait for the overnight sync to take place.
* Please note that only awaiting approval & approved invoices will have attachment sync. Draft invoice attachment won't sync.
Supported sync actions for attachments:
|Attachments from Xero|
|Attachments from Re-Leased|
Will my existing attachments sync across?
No. Attachments will only sync from the day the Xero credentials are renewed or the day you connected to Xero.
Will this impact older invoices or locked invoices?
No. Whenever an attachment is added to an invoice or synced between systems, it does not cause the invoice to sync. Both systems still allow you to add attachments to locked invoices, and these will sync.
Can I opt-out of syncing attachments?
You can delay it by not renewing your Xero credentials, but if you disconnect and reconnect the Xero add-on for any other reason, then attachments will start to sync from that point forwards.
Why isn’t my attachment syncing?
A few common reasons:
- The attachment is on an invoice that was not syncing at the time. This could be because the invoice is before the sync period, or there was an error that prevented it to sync. To resolve this, you will need to remove and re-add the attachment.
- The attachment could be linked to multiple items in Xero. E.g. It could be linked to a contact and an invoice. To resolve this, you will need to remove the existing attachment, and upload a copy of the attachment onto the contact and another onto the invoice.
- Your Xero credentials have not yet been renewed via the Xero add-on to provide Re-Leased access to attachments.
- You deleted the attachment in Xero, but since Xero deletes are not supported, this won't sync across.
- Your Xero invoice is in a DRAFT state