Once you have completed a sync, a status flag located next to the search box on the black menu bar to the right of your page will be highlighted.
A blue flag indicates a successful sync. An orange flag indicates that the sync is still progressing, but some sync issues have occurred. A red flag indicates the sync is complete, but there may be some issues with the sync which will require attention.
To view the sync result messaging, Click on the flag to see an overview. Click on the green 'View sync results' button at the bottom of the dropdown to open the sync result page to see further details.
The sync results page:
The sync results page has been recently updated, and now allows additional tasks to be performed.
Highlighted in the image below are these changes, each with a detailed description.
Note: you will need to ask your administrator to give you access to this page.
From the system errors page you can do the following:
1. Company Selector - Select the company you want to view results.
2. Date Filter - Specify the date that sync results will show from. If the result happened before the date, it will be excluded from the table. By default this is set as your last full successful sync date or onboarding date.
3. Status Filter - Showed linked, unlinked or all records from the results table. This status represents if the record is currently being attempted to sync or not.
4. Entity Filter - If selected, this filter will make the table only show results for specific types of records i.e. Contacts or Invoices.
5. Search filter - Search for specific results. This value will search against the Re-Leased Id, External Id and Details columns.
6. Sync button - Initiate another sync.
7. Row selector - Select rows to be linked or unlinked. You can click the header to 'select all' or click individual rows. Related to number 8 on this list.
8. Bulk action column- If you have any rows selected, you will see an option appear at the bottom of the screen that will allow you to unlink or relink the selected line. If it is unlinked, this record will be ignored in the next sync. Once a record has been unlinked, it can be relinked in the future. If a record is unlinked, it may affect other records linked to this - For example, if it is an invoice that is unlinked, any payments made to that invoice will now fail on the next sync as the invoice will no longer be present having been ignored in the sync. More information on unlinking records can be found here.
9. Date column - This value will represent the last time this record attempted to sync.
10. Type column - Represents the entity type. This will be the type that it is in Re-Leased.
11. Re-Leased Id column - If the record exists in Re-Leased, the ID will be shown. Contacts, invoices, bills, and credit note IDs will have clickable links that will open the record within Re-Leased. If the record failed to sync to Re-Leased, no ID will be displayed.
12. External Id column - If the record exists in your External Accounting platform, the ID will be shown. All IDs except attachments will have clickable links that will open the record in your External Accounting platform. If the record failed to sync to your External Accounting platform, no ID will be displayed.
13. Sync direction column - represents whether the record failed to sync on the way into Re-Leased or the way out of Re-Leased.
- Outgoing = syncing from Re-Leased to External
- Incoming = syncing from External to Re-Leased
14. Details column - Details of why the record failed to sync to either your External Accounting platform or Re-Leased. If the detail isn't clear, you can click the 'more info' link at the end of the message. The 'more info' link may not be there. If so, get in touch and we can help you out. More information on common errors can be found here.
15. Status column - This represents if the record is linked or unlinked.
16. Pages - If you have many results, there could be more than 1 page. The filters work against all pages.