Navigate to Income & Expenses, then select New Expense Invoice from the dropdown in the top right of the page.
After selecting the relevant Company in Re-Leased, you will land on the Expense Invoice Creation page. The critical pieces of information for a BPAY invoice are:
1. Related Property. All BPAY Expense Invoices must be related to a Property.
2. Related Area. If your Creditor sends you invoices for the Property as a whole, you should leave this field blank. If your Creditor sends you invoices for each separate Area within the Property, select the relevant Area here. For more information on this click here.
3. Related Tenancy. This field allows you to associate a tenancy with the expense invoice, useful for on-charging purposes. The available tenancies selectable here are narrowed down by your choices in the previous two fields, Related Property and Related Area.
4. From. Choose the Creditor sending you the invoice. If this creditor is a BPAY creditor (as per the default payment method stored the Contact record), the BPAY fields will appear on the expense invoice. See note below if this is a brand new Creditor.
5. BPAY CRN. This will pull through any CRN already stored against that combination of Creditor and Property and/or Area (Click here for more information on this). If the CRN is incorrect, you can check the BPAY details are correctly set up against the Property and Area by navigating to Property > Contacts > BPAY Creditors > Manage BPAY Creditor Details. Alternatively you can click Add new CRN in the dropdown on the Expense invoice and type in a new CRN. Any new CRN saved here will be available on future Expense Invoices for the same combination of Creditor and Property and/or Area.
6. BPAY biller code. This will pull through the biller code saved against the Contact (if one already exists). If no biller code exists, you can type it here and it will save against the Contact for future Expense Invoices.
NB - if this is an invoice for a brand new Creditor, the Creditor name will not appear in the filtered list in the From field. You can create a new Creditor in the process of creating the Expense Invoice - just make sure you tick the "is BPAY Creditor" checkbox so the BPAY fields will appear.
When you've finished filling out the rest of the details on the Expense Invoice, the BPAY details saved on the Expense Invoice will flow through to the eventual disbursement and the BPAY Bank file created at that point.
To watch a video on this feature please see
BPAY on expense invoices