Create Late Fee Rules:
In this article we will take you through the steps to be able to access, create / define fee details and view all rules that have been created.
Once the fee rules have been created and activated, you will be able to view any calculated Late Fees in the Late Fees hub which can be accessed from the Dashboard.
Link to View late fees KB article: https://help-au.re-leased.com/hc/en-au/articles/6063167962900
Settings > Accounting > Late Fees
Optional Step: Create Bank Rate
Add bank rate details:
View/ edit / archive bank rates:
For more Bank Rate FAQs please see article: Late Fees FAQs
The Late fees landing page will be empty the first time you enter this section.
- Select the "Add fee rule" on the top right to get started.
Complete fields in the Create Rule form
- All fields with an * are all required fields
Step 3.1: Add fee rule name, and optional description
Step 3.2: Choose one of the 3 fee types
- Fee type 1: Flat fee - Charged once
- The entered flat fee amount will be charged once, based on the COA and the over due invoice. The amount days overdue will not be considered
- Fee type 2: Percentage - charged once
- The entered percentage will be charged once, based on the COA and the over due invoice. The amount days overdue will not be considered.
- Fee type 3: Annual percentage - charged daily
This is an annual percentage calculated on a daily basis.
- Amount of Days late divided by 365
- Multiplied by (Daily percentage) + (optional - Bank Rate)
- Multiplied by Amount overdue
Step 3.3: Then if applicable choose a Grace Period:
- This is the number of days grace tenants have to pay after the invoiced due date. Interest will be calculated dating back to the due date if payment is not made within the grace period.
Step 4: Income Chart of Accounts: Select one of the following
- " All accounts including future accounts
- Note: When selecting this option take into consideration that this will add "all" your COA's including "paid to" COA and may result in generating late fees on late fees.
- You also have to option to select the COA's from a select/searchable list.
Step 5: Invoice settings
Step 5.1: Choose a invoice template for the Late fees invoice sent to tenants
Step 5.2: Due date (days)
- Set the due date for the Late fee invoice, by choosing an amount days that the late invoice will be due after the invoice was issued.
Step 5.3 Late fee paid to account
- The "Late fee paid to account" is the Chart of account is used for charging the the fee into. If you don't already have a Late Fees paid to COA it may suggested to create this before creating the fee rule, unless you already have a specific COA for this purpose
Note: We automatically assign property Ledgers to rules based on tenants added, in the event that the property does not already have a ledger assigned to it, you will be notified to add one.
Note: Finally the blue banner is informational - "Late Fee invoice uses your company settings for Rent and Service Charge to generate invoices. You can change this, under manage Companies/Invoices settings."
Step 6: Add tenants to your fee rule
- You are able to navigate with the progress bar at the top of the page
- Search for tenants
- Select all tenants
- or choose individual tenants with the check boxes
Step 7: Activate the late fee rule
Review and Edit the details of the fee rules you have created
- Fee Details
- Fee rules
- Income accounts
- Invoice settings
- Add/remove tenants
NOTE: For any changes to the rules e.g percentage rates or bank rates, it is suggested to generate an interim late fee invoice before the changes.
Navigate to the Late fees hub: